Olivin 2 Combi
When we designed Olivin 2, our starting point was very clear. Instead of aiming for the lowest weight possible and the cheapest price, our goal was to create the strongest, most spacious and ingenious tent in the small peak tent category.
A Tentipi® tent – with all the implications of its elaborate and clever construction and meticulous material and quality control. Many smart features have been taken from or been inspired by our larger Nordic tipis. Olivin 2 is available as an ordinary Nordic tipi (without an inner-tent) or as a combi-model (outer tent and inner-tent).
- Erected in 3 minutes
- The tent sleeps two people plus a dog and has room for four people to sit and socialise
- All equipment is stored “indoors”
- Our In-Tent Vent™ ventilation system combined with the tent’s relatively tall shape provide natural ventilation on hot mornings and days. It’s easy to regulate from inside, even from the sleeping bag!
- Large, mosquito-netted ventilation openings in the inner-tent promote natural ventilation
- Robust floor material stops ground damp, a common problem in low-weight tents
- Storm cord holders prevent cords from tangling
- Built-in, foldaway snowflap makes the tent suitable for use in any season
- Smoke chimney on microstove can be led out through the apex of the outer tent
- Outer tent can be used without the inner-tent. It is very light and the incline allows any water droplets from condensation on the inner tent surface to run off better than in other types of tents
- The well-ventilated inner-tent (which can also be used separately, for example when insect protection is the main priority) is pitched together with the outer tent
- In general, it’s much more durable than a two-man tent where priority has been given to low weight
- It has no bow that can break. The central pole can be easily repaired out in nature or replaced by a wooden pole
- The tent is tensioned with straps instead of cords; storm cords are generally not needed
- It’s exceptionally stable in strong winds
- In an emergency, a small open fire can be lit inside the tent